Tax Specialists for Expats & Startups in America

Book your free consultation today

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

What is Form 1116 and Who Needs to File One?


Form 1116

 Form 1116 is, ‘Foreign Tax Credit’.

Form 1116 should be filed to claim a foreign tax credit if you are a US resident individual, estate, or trust, and you paid or accrued certain foreign taxes to a foreign country or US possession.

Not all foreign taxes are creditable.  Foreign taxes that are not creditable may still be deductible.

Find out how we can help today

Find out how we can help today